Fire Hydrant Use Permits

Except for emergency use for extinguishing fire, and other emergency purposes, permission to withdraw water from a fire hydrant owned by Platte Canyon Water and Sanitation District requires a fire hydrant use permit issued by the District and the Denver Water Department.  Regulation and conditions for use of District fire hydrants can be found here as well as information on permit fees and water charges can be found below by clicking on the subsection of interest.  You will be forwarded to detailed information on the topic.





Use Policy





Permits can be requested by calling Barrie Brinkley at 303-979-2333 or by emailing Barrie at



Report Unauthorized Use of Fire Hydrants to Platte Canyon Water and Sanitation District


Two of the elements of any security plan are awareness and communications.  Authorized users of District fire hydrants are required to prominently display a red placard issued by the District.  Any suspected non-authorized use should be reported to 303-979-2333.